Legal Assistant Specialist
Miller Thomson LLP is one of Canada's fastest growing national business law firms, with more than 470 lawyers working in offices located in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, London, Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Toronto, Markham and Montréal. We strive to offer each team member a great challenge, competitive compensation/benefits, employee perks, an emphasis on wellness plus, a positive, collegial work environment.
We are seeking a Legal Assistant Specialist to join our Toronto office. Reporting to Anita Sharma, Manager, Document Processing, the incumbent will be responsible for providing legal support to teams of Legal Assistants/Lawyers in the Business practice group in the Toronto office with a variety of administrative and general office tasks including, but not limited to:
- Draft, edit, revise and proofread legal documents for content, grammar, spelling, punctuation, consistency and accuracy
- Digital transcription
- Administrative support
- Accounting/billing support
To be successful in this role, you possess:
- Minimum 3 years experience as a Legal Assistant. Equivalent experience as an Administrative Assistant in a professional services firm will be considered
- Certificate/Diploma in Legal Administration/Legal Assistance or equivalent work experience
- Broad legal knowledge and skills with experience in multiple legal areas, including intellectual property, corporate/commercial, labour, litigation and real estate
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail, accuracy and excellent follow up skills
- Good listening skills along with the ability to listen and follow direction
- Ability to work well in a team environment or independently as required
- Familiarity with Elite to process time entry
- Strong proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Lotus Notes is an asset
Our ideal candidate is proactive, flexible, creative and demonstrates a positive attitude.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume, quoting the above job title and office location, to:
Attn: Talent Management Specialist
Miller Thomson LLP
40 King Street West, Suite 5800
P.O. Box 1011
Toronto, ON M5H 3S1
While we thank all applicants for their interest, due to the high volume of applicants we receive, we are unable to respond to queries individually and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Miller Thomson LLP is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including women, aboriginal peoples, visible minorities and people with disabilities.