IT Support Specialist – South Western Ontario
Miller Thomson LLP is one of Canada’s fastest growing national business law firms, with more than 450 lawyers working in offices located in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, London, Waterloo, Guelph, Toronto, Markham and Montréal. We strive to offer each team member a great challenge, competitive compensation/benefits, employee perks, an emphasis on wellness plus a positive, collegial work environment.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, responsible and organized IT Support Specialist to join our IT team. This role will be based in our Waterloo office with travel to Guelph and London.
Responsibilities include providing first level support to the end user community for all Firm standard applications and hardware provisions. This role is a combination of telephone, email, desk side and remote support. The candidate will work alongside fellow Help Desk staff members nationally and escalate issues to other IT Department staff, as required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in the French language an asset but not required
- Excellent customer service skills
- Work well within a team
- Excellent troubleshooting ability
- Superior ability to learn new concepts, products and technologies
- Professional attitude and appearance
Technical (preferred but not required)
- Lotus Notes
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Office
- Autonomy iManage Desksite
- Printer knowledge (Xerox, HP)
- Dell hardware
- Practice specific legal applications (Summation, DivorceMate, etc.)
Job Specific Travel
- This role physically supports the Waterloo, Guelph and London offices
- Reliable vehicle, valid driver’s license and insurance required (mileage is compensated)
Hours: This position requires the person to work from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday to Friday. However, depending on projects and deadlines, overtime and after hours support will be required.
If you are a proactive thinker and interested in this position, please contact or forward resumes to HDrecruitment@millerthomson.com.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, due to the high volume of applicants we receive, we are unable to respond to queries individually and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Miller Thomson LLP is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including women, aboriginal peoples, visible minorities and people with disabilities.