Intermediate - Real Estate Law Clerk
Miller Thomson LLP is one of Canada's fastest growing national business law firms, with more than 470 lawyers working in offices located in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, London, Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Toronto, Markham and Montréal. We strive to offer each team member a great challenge, competitive compensation/benefits, employee perks, an emphasis on wellness plus, a positive, collegial work environment.
We are seeking an intermediate Real Estate Law Clerk to join the Real Estate practice group in our Toronto location.
In this role, responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to):
- Managing files from beginning to end of transactions including sales and bank financings of commercial, retail industrial and multi residential transactions
- Experience reading and interpreting title searches
- Drafting and coordinating necessary documents required for closing including status reports, final report and other matters
- Ability to manage a large workload volume
- Meeting strict deadlines with excellent multi-tasking skills
- Problem solving with minimal supervision
- Communicating in a professional manner with lawyers and other team members
- Other duties as assigned
To be successful in this role, you possess:
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Commercial Real Estate Law Clerk.
- Law Clerk Certificate/Diploma or equivalent work experience.
Our ideal candidate is proactive, creative and always exploring ways to improve efficiencies and meet the needs of employees and clients.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume, quoting the above job title and office location, to:
Attn: Talent Management Specialist
Miller Thomson LLP
40 King Street West, Suite 5800
P.O. Box 1011
Toronto, ON M5H 3S1
While we thank all applicants for their interest, due to the high volume of applicants we receive, we are unable to respond to queries individually and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Miller Thomson LLP is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including women, aboriginal peoples, visible minorities and people with disabilities.