Intermediate Corporate Law Clerk
Miller Thomson LLP is one of Canada's fastest growing national business law firms, with 500 lawyers working in offices located in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, London, Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Markham and Montréal. We strive to offer each team member a great challenge, competitive compensation and benefits, employee perks, an emphasis on wellness and work/life balance plus, a positive, collegial work environment.
We are seeking an Intermediate Corporate Clerk for our Waterloo office.
- Conducting various corporate searches, business and name searches, insolvency and Bank Act searches,
- Preparing and filing Personal Property Security Act registrations and discharges,
- Conducting name reservations and providing information to lawyers and clients,
- Reviewing minute books,
- Preparing and filing annual returns,
- Maintaining Extra Provincial Registrations and licenses,
- Maintaining and updating the corporate database,
- Preparing corporate documents,
- Communicating with lawyers, clients and accountants in a professional manner,
- Drafting documents relating to incorporations and amalgamations,
- Amendments to Articles of Incorporation and Letters Patent.
The successful candidate will have at least 4 to 6 years of corporate clerk experience and an excellent knowledge of corporate statutes and procedures including: amalgamations, continuances, minute book reviews, extra-provincial registrations and licensing, and incorporations/organizations.
In order to be considered, the candidate must have a strong work ethic, exceptional communication and organizational skills, the ability to work independently and the willingness to contribute to the team. This individual has a professional attitude, is responsive, intelligent, assertive, resourceful, and has great client services skills.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume, quoting the above job title, to firstname.lastname@example.org
While we thank all applicants for their interest, due to the high volume of applicants we receive, we are unable to respond to queries individually and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Miller Thomson LLP is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including women, aboriginal peoples, visible minorities and people with disabilities.