Insurance Litigation Legal Assistant
Miller Thomson LLP is one of Canada's fastest growing national business law firms, with more than 470 lawyers working in offices located in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, London, Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Toronto, Markham and Montréal. We strive to offer each team member a great challenge, competitive compensation/benefits, employee perks, an emphasis on wellness plus, a positive, collegial work environment.
We are seeking a full-time, permanent experienced Legal Assistant to join our London office to provide administrative support to lawyers within our Insurance Defence Group, and to assist with overflow assignments. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, eager and educated legal assistant looking to further their career in a rapidly expanding practice area. You will be exceptionally organized, flexible to deal with changing priorities, and be reliable to your lawyers and other team members.
Your required skills and knowledge include:
- Handling and prioritizing workload independently;
- Processing large volumes of documents;
- Meeting strict deadlines;
- Excellent multi-tasking skills;
- Problem solving with minimal supervision;
- Communicating in a professional manner with lawyers and other team members;
- Other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this role, you have:
- Fast, accurate keyboarding skills; minimum 60 wpm;
- A minimum of 5 to 7 years of administrative experience in a legal environment with preference given to candidates with insurance litigation experience;
- Strong dicta transcription skills and ability to transcribe for various practice groups;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Completed your college education in legal assistant or law clerk studies program;
- Excellent proofreading skills (ability to check typed material for grammatical, typographical, spelling, word usage and format errors);
- Strong technology skills;
- The ability to work independently, follow instructions with minimal supervision and take initiative; this includes drafting simple letters for review;
- The willingness to learn and contribute to the team.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume, quoting the above job title, to email@example.com
While we thank all applicants for their interest, due to the high volume of applicants we receive, we are unable to respond to queries individually and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Miller Thomson LLP is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including women, aboriginal peoples, visible minorities and people with disabilities.