Document Processing Specialist
Miller Thomson LLP is one of Canada's fastest growing law firms, with offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Regina, London, Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Markham and Montréal.
We are currently seeking a full-time, permanent Document Processing Specialist to join our National Document Processing team. This position will be based from our Waterloo office. In our busy professional environment, we are looking for someone who enjoys transcribing and proofreading large volumes of documents with a strong attention to detail and who takes pride in the materials they create.
Your duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Word processing/formatting documents and presentations;
- Providing document processing services for both the litigation and corporate departments on a National level. Documents include reporting letters up to 35 pages in length, medical summaries, mediation reports, discovery memorandums, motion records, factums, statements of claim and statements of defence;
- Using digital dictation software to provide transcription services for the above mentioned documents;
- Typing and proofreading documents by following instructions provided;
- Working knowledge of document processing concepts, techniques, and methods;
- Providing error free documents with fast turn around;
- Other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this role, you have:
- 5 to 7 years experience providing document productions services in a professional environment;
- Intermediate to advanced experience using Microsoft Suite products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) with use of Adobe Acrobat as an asset;
- Fast and accurate keyboarding speed is a must; minimum 70 wpm;
- Excellent organization skills (record keeping, time management and follow up);
- Excellent communication skills (listening, speaking and writing), as well as technical and troubleshooting ability;
- The ability to prioritize and work under pressure with multiple deadlines, strong proofreading and grammatical skills, and the ability to use independent judgment to solve problems;
- Flexibility to handle changing priorities;
- Strong attention to detail with a sense of urgency;
- The willingness to learn and contribute to the team.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume, quoting the above job title, to email@example.com