Corporate Commercial Legal Assistant
Miller Thomson LLP is one of Canada's fastest growing national business law firms, with 500 lawyers working in offices located in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, London, Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Markham and Montréal. We strive to offer each team member a great challenge, competitive compensation and benefits, employee perks, an emphasis on wellness and work/life balance plus, a positive, collegial work environment.
We are seeking a full-time Legal Assistant to join our Guelph office for a fixed term contract of approximately 13 months. In this role your will provide administrative support on a shared basis to lawyers in our Corporate Commercial department. Working as a team member in this busy environment, this role requires an individual with strong organizational and time management skills. The ideal candidate will be an experienced assistant who can assist our lawyers in the management of their practices, and with overflow assignments as they arise. You will be exceptionally organized, flexible to deal with changing priorities, and be reliable to your lawyers and other team members.
Your required skills and knowledge include:
- Handling and prioritizing workload independently;
- Flexibility to work with changing priorities;
- Processing large volumes of documents;
- Meeting strict deadlines;
- Excellent multi-tasking skills;
- Problem solving with minimal supervision;
- Communicating in a professional manner with lawyers and other team members;
- Other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this role, you have:
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of administrative experience in a legal environment;
- Solid understanding of current legal terminology;
- Fast, accurate keyboarding skills; minimum 60 wpm;
- Strong dicta transcription skills and ability to transcribe from various practice groups;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Excellent proofreading skills (ability to check typed material for grammatical, typographical, spelling, word usage and format errors);
- Ability to work independently, follow instructions with minimal supervision and take initiative;
- The willingness to learn and contribute to the team.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume, quoting the above job title, to email@example.com.