Coordinator, Real Estate Practice Group
Miller Thomson LLP is one of Canada's fastest growing national business law firms, with more than 470 lawyers working in offices located in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, London, Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Toronto, Markham and Montréal. We strive to offer each team member a great challenge, competitive compensation/benefits, employee perks, an emphasis on wellness plus, a positive, collegial work environment.
We are seeking a Co-ordinator for the Real Estate practice group in our Toronto location.
In this role, responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to):
- Receiving Agreements of Purchase and Sale and all new work into the department;
- Assigning and distributing work to clerks;
- Preparing and maintaining closings lists and assignment summaries and providing to clerks and assigning lawyers;
- Overseeing workflow within the department;
- Preparing and maintaining Billing and Reporting Status Checklists;
- Working with clerks and lawyers to develop and streamline department procedures and precedents;
- Drafting and coordinating necessary documents required for final reports and other matters
- Other duties as assigned
To be successful in this role, you possess:
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Commercial Real Estate Law Clerk.
- Experience reading and interpreting title searches.
- Ability to manage a large workload volume.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines with excellent multi-tasking skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Professional manner and communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel, and Conveyancer.
- Law Clerk Certificate/Diploma or equivalent work experience.
Our ideal candidate is proactive, creative and always exploring ways to improve efficiencies and meet the needs of employees and clients.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume, quoting the above job title and office location, to:
Attn: Talent Management Specialist
Miller Thomson LLP
40 King Street West, Suite 5800
P.O. Box 1011
Toronto, ON M5H 3S1
While we thank all applicants for their interest, due to the high volume of applicants we receive, we are unable to respond to queries individually and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Miller Thomson LLP is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including women, aboriginal peoples, visible minorities and people with disabilities.