Collections Clerk – Alberta Offices
Miller Thomson LLP is one of Canada's fastest growing national business law firms, with more than 470 lawyers working in offices located in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, London, Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Toronto, Markham and Montréal. We strive to offer each team member a great challenge, competitive compensation/benefits, employee perks, an emphasis on wellness plus a positive, collegial work environment.
We are seeking a Collections Clerk to join our Calgary office. As part of a member within our Accounting Department, the responsibilities for this position will include, but will not be limited to:
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- Post-secondary education and 3 to 5 years of collections experience is required.
- A Professional Designation and
experience working in a professional services environment is an asset.
Description of Duties:1. Operational (AR/WIP, Relationships/Policy)
- Responsible for the collection of outstanding accounts receivable for the Alberta lawyers and to monitor the aged WIP.
- Contact clients for payment of outstanding accounts.
- Provide support to and liaise with the Billing or Responsible lawyer with respect to the collections of receivables owing by that lawyer’s clients.
- Identify problems and develop solutions with respect to delinquent accounts.
- Maintain the collections database and report on the results of collections efforts.
- Issue monthly account statements to clients. Respond to incoming calls and client inquiries.
- Complete Proof of Claims for Bankrupt or Insolvent clients.
- Graduate of a recognized college with an accounting diploma/certificate, degree or equivalent work experience;
- A highly motivated individual that works well both individually and as a team.
- Organizational and time management skills are essential; excellent at managing multiple priorities with constant interruptions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service skills; a high level of skill in both verbal and written communication;
- Proven success in working in a fast-paced environment.
- Pays close attention to detail and has the ability to quickly identify problems and provide solutions.
- Exposure to the legal process would be an asset;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products, particularly Word and Excel is necessary.
- Experience with ARCS Collection Software, EDR Extend and Elite Enterprise programs is an asset.
- The ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
Our ideal candidate is positive, proactive, creative and always exploring ways to improve efficiencies and meet the needs of clients.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to:
Reena K. Sharma
Human Resources Manager, Alberta & Saskatchewan
Miller Thomson LLP
3000, 700 – 9th Avenue S.W.
Calgary, Alberta T2P 3V4
For more information about Miller Thomson LLP, please visit our website at www.millerthomson.com.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, due to the high volume of applicants we receive, we are unable to respond to queries individually and only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Miller Thomson LLP is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including women, aboriginal peoples, visible minorities and people with disabilities.