Business Development Manager
Miller Thomson LLP (MT) is one of Canada's fastest growing national business law firms, with more than 470 lawyers working in offices located in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, London, Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Toronto, Markham and Montréal. We strive to offer each team member a great challenge, competitive compensation/benefits, employee perks, an emphasis on wellness plus, a positive, collegial work environment.
We are seeking a dynamic, experienced Business Development Manager to join our Southwestern Ontario (SWO) offices, based in our Waterloo location.
As the key contact for any business development activities in SWO and, in particular, Waterloo and surrounding communities, you will provide strategic direction and guidance in the planning and implementation of business development activities for our firm, both internally and externally.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Take a leadership role in business development planning and implementation process as part of the SWO leadership team and provide strategic business development guidance in line with firm-wide business strategy.
- Assist lawyers in developing and implementing their personal marketing plans to drive practice and revenue growth.
- Identify and target local and national business growth opportunities for the SWO offices; Develop innovative approaches to the market which align and drive national and specialty groups and firm-wide common programs.
- Develop and execute client feedback program in line with MT’s national client feedback program.
- Proactively participate and take a leadership role in leading and negotiating partnership opportunities to support business development initiatives, make connections, and enhance the firm’s position in the market place.
- Give direction and assist with written proposals in response to RFP’s in line with firm policies.
Knowledge, Skills and Requirements:
- Proven ability to develop relationships and to provide strategic marketing advice to leaders and other practitioners in respective industries and specialities.
- Well organized, detail oriented, energetic, self started and proactive, with proven efficient and effective project management skills.
- Capable of working independently, multi-tasking and prioritizing. Should be flexible to meet the needs of the firm and the job.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines without ongoing supervision.
- Friendly, outgoing demeanor with strong diplomatic skills to deal with a large variety of personalities, with the ability to defend and present ideas.
- Strong communication skills.
- Day travel to clients, trade shows, seminars or conference locations in SWO is required.
- Background in marketing and fundamental working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Lotus Notes are desired.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree is an asset. Major in marketing or business preferred.
- Experience within a professional services environment and connections in the SWO business and technology communities is preferred. Experience working in a national law firm is an asset.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume, quoting the above job title, to firstname.lastname@example.org
While we thank all applicants for their interest, due to the high volume of applicants we receive, we are unable to respond to queries individually and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Miller Thomson LLP is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including women, aboriginal peoples, visible minorities and people with disabilities.